Software framework is basically a object oriented design in which abstract classes and their instance make it a reusable. It also contains the libraries which are required to make framework a really reusable design in other words framework provides context in which components in the library can be reused for the application.
You must be wondering then what is the difference between the libraries we use and software framework?
The main difference is we can found here is when we use the libraries the flow of control is in the hands of caller but in case of framework it is in the hands of framework.
What does software framework do?
1. Software framework binds together discrete objects or components to create or achieve re-usability.
2. Software framework makes it easier to work with complex technologies so work can be done low expertise people and save timeframe.
3. It creates the conistency in the code on which a team working which might leads to fewer bug and stable software.
4. Non coders can also test and debug the code.
5. Software framework can eliminate repetitive tasks.
6. It allows programmers or designers to devote more time to meet software requirements rather than coding low level stuff.
7. And last but not least , software framework helps to establish better programming practices and appropriate use of design patterns.
But still software framework have some limitations such as creating framework can be very difficult and expensive considering manpower and time frame. Also learning a framework can also take some time.
Home / api / java / programming / resuability / Software / software framework / What is a software framework?
- Blogger Comment
- Facebook Comment